Comprehensive Wound Care
There are many factors that can cause a wound to become chronic and
there are many types of wounds. Some wounds are associated with complications from diabetes or poor circulation. Other types result from pressure ulcers and trauma.
Chronic, non-healing wounds can have serious health consequences and may adversely affect your quality of life.
At our center, healing wounds is our specialty. Our team of experienced wound care specialists will work with you and your physician to assess your symptoms, determine the underlying cause of your non-healing wound, and customize the most effective treatment plan to stimulate healing.
Our treatment plans are designed to complement the care your own physician provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the treatment that’s right for you.
The conditions we treat include:
- Slow-to-heal or non-healing wounds
- Foot or leg ulcers or wounds
- Surgical wounds that have opened
- Non-healing skin grafts or surgical flaps
- Internal injuries or open wounds from radiation therapy
- Bone infection (called osteomyelitis)
- Acute traumatic and crush injuries
For more information about how our wound care therapies can help, call: (310) 538-6581
Types of treatment & support we provide
Most treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans and may include:
- Advanced ‘smart’ topical wound care dressings
- Infectious disease management
- Vascular evaluation
- Laboratory evaluation
- Nutritional evaluation
- Pain management
- Diabetic education
Our wound center has a proven track record of healing wounds – even those whose wound has not responded to other therapies can see significant improvement at our center.